Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This is a recipe I love to eat for any meal of the day. It takes very little prep time and makes several servings. Enjoy!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 21⁄2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound chicken (ground or diced chicken breast) I have also used ground beef in this recipe and its delicious as well
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoonblack pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce (I prefer Tessemae’s or Frank’s RedHot)
- 1⁄4 cup Paleo Mayo ( I use Primal Kitchen Avacado Oil Mayo you can buy this at sprouts, whole foods, natural grocers or online its delicious for more than just this recipe)
- 3 large eggs, whisked chopped scallions, for garnish
- sliced avocado, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the skin gives when you press your finger to it. Remove the squash from the oven
- Grease a Dutch oven or an 8-inch square glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Let the squash cool for 5 minutes, remove the seeds, and then use a fork to remove the threads and place them in the greased baking dish.
- Saute in a large pan with two tablespoons of butter the the garlic, carrot, celery, onion, and bell pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the chicken or beef, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook until the chicken is not pink.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then add the hot sauce and mayo and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking dish and mix well with the spaghetti squash threads. Add the whisked eggs and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press it in the middle. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped scallion and avocado slices.