- Start with side planks before attempting front planks
- We want our spine, hip, and knees all in one line.
- Should feel this on your down side of abdomen and on the outside of your downside hip
- If it hurts your shoulder other modifications have to be made and a different exercise selection needs to be chosen.
- Start with side planks from the knees for 3 sets of 10 second holds
- Once you can maintain a neutral spine (good posture during exercise) for greater than 5 sets of 30 second hold without shaking or compensations you can progress to side planks from the feet starting at 10 second holds and building up from there